Ministry of Home Affairs instructed to all local governments to register the birth of a child born to a single woman

Kathmandu. The government has issued instructions to prepare government documents including birth certificates for children born to a single woman, whose father does not have an address.

The National Identity Card and Registration Department under the Ministry of Home Affairs has sent a four-point circular to the local registrars of all 6,743 ward offices of Local Governments.

It is said that the birth registration of a child born before marriage but with a paternity address will be done at the permanent address of the mother with the last name of the Mother. Similarly, it is said that if the child lives in his Mother’s birthplace, he should be registered at the same address.

It is also mentioned that if the father’s address is found, the new birth will be registered with the same address.

Check Also

Hurt and Grievous Hurt with reference of Nepali/Nepalese law

Hurt might described as the substantial suffering which is brought about by actual contact with …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *